Friday, January 11, 2013

My Soul Indigo


 

It’s the lonely path I have chosen

Or it seems some have pushed me down it

I envy your paths, sun-lit rosen

Gardens of wonder, joy and colour.

 

The dry twigs crackle beneath

As my heavy feet pounds on them

I look to God and seek release

But your happiness leaves me astounded.

 

Am I the stuff that blue is made off?

Sprinkling sadness on the tips of others

“It’s just your nature, love,” my friends scoff,

“To be darned a depressing, spreading nun.”

 

I gaze at the rainbow, glistening bright

Hovering over the luscious paths of others

Stretching my fingers at the sight

Hoping to grab some for my life.

 

Oh, what must it feel like to be bathed

In the colours of the mighty rainbow?

Dressed in orange, red, violet instead

Of my lonely soul indigo?




(Pic sourced from Google)

No comments:

Post a Comment